Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nick's 94 Loyale build

nick1208

Hate to bother you. Although the picture was helpful, if you have time can you post actual measurements of that diff plate? Also do the spacers toward the front of the diff get tightened down or do they stay loose? Thank you!

Don't have any measurements on it but they do get tightened and it drops my diff 3 inches

tighten them, dont ever leave suspension parts loose. if you want measurements, go outside w a tape measure. measure how far apart the holes are and decide how far down youre going ( ie how big is your lift?)

put the bottom holes there. make sure your piece of material is big enough for that. maybe start a thread of your own and for others if you have questions.

diff drop is the simplest lift part by far, you literally just need to keep it all the same. so if you used a 1000  inch drop, youd drop the front of the diff the same 1000 inches. its just moving holes around.

• Like 2

tighten them, dont ever leave suspension parts loose. if you want measurements, go outside w a tape measure. measure how far apart the holes are and decide how far down youre going ( ie how big is your lift?)

put the bottom holes there. make sure your piece of material is big enough for that. maybe start a thread of your own and for others if you have questions.

diff drop is the simplest lift part by far, you literally just need to keep it all the same. so if you used a 1000  inch drop, youd drop the front of the diff the same 1000 inches. its just moving holes around.

Makes sense.  i just didnt want to break something. thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got wet today! went out with Doug and Kevin. Got stuck in this position. notice me in the back. lol. 

arPbHXC.jpg

319NVs9.jpgZGp1PfE.jpg

Broke the shop vac out. Was originally going to take the carpet out, but im going to try to keep that as long as possible. 
GT6AnPd.jpg

Lol, from my experience, let me tell you.....that carpet is going to stink. The jute padding underneath NEVER dries, and will start to mold and mildew. I had to remove my carpet, rip all the padding off, and replace the padding with new after a persistent windshield leak that I didn't notice because I wasn't driving mine regularly.

• Like 1

I'd pull it, Nick. Unless you live somewhere completely arid, like Arizona-Nevada-SoCal, the padding will never dry out. It isn't that hard (except getting it from behind the blower motor housing--I cut mine to alleviate that problem), and you'll be able to salvage the carpet itself. As to the padding, I replaced mine with some Ultratouch Radiant Barrier that I picked up at Home Depot, it's like the jute padding but has an aluminized outer layer on it. It's easy to cut, and I left the four main pieces loose (glued the tunnel pieces onto the carpet) in case it ever gets wet again, so I can quickly pull the padding out without having to completely remove the carpet.

I'd pull it, Nick. Unless you live somewhere completely arid, like Arizona-Nevada-SoCal, the padding will never dry out. It isn't that hard (except getting it from behind the blower motor housing--I cut mine to alleviate that problem), and you'll be able to salvage the carpet itself. As to the padding, I replaced mine with some Ultratouch Radiant Barrier that I picked up at Home Depot, it's like the jute padding but has an aluminized outer layer on it. It's easy to cut, and I left the four main pieces loose (glued the tunnel pieces onto the carpet) in case it ever gets wet again, so I can quickly pull the padding out without having to completely remove the carpet.

So you cut the carpet into pieces to make it easy to put in and out? That seems like a cool idea. Does the trunk carpet connect to the carpet for the rest of the car? Marcus said It comes out in one piece. What's the easiest way to pull the carpet? It feels dry but when i put pressure on it I can feel the moisture. 

• Like 1

finally decided to get rid of my carpets. it was wet underneath on the passenger side which I haven't sunk in water (or so i thought). That might be where the smell I couldn't source was coming from. What's the material under the carpets and padding made of? on top of the metal? It's cracking in some spots and I peeled a bit off. 

Mw72Oph.jpgzAKF6O7.jpg8gKmesR.jpg

Stop by my place and grab a can of spray on bed liner and paint the floor...the material is a tar type sound deadener..leave it alone unless your doing a resto cuz without it the road noise will drive you crazy. Its on theback yard

Edited by marcusgl10z28

Stop by my place and grab a can of spray on bed liner and paint the floor...the material is a tar type sound deadener..leave it alone unless your doing a resto cuz without it the road noise will drive you crazy. Its on theback yard

Should I worry about getting the dried mud up? I didn't know how to go about that. I didn't want to hose it down

I don't mean the carpet or insulation that's under the carpet.. I mean the tar that coats the floor boards.. Its sound deadener.. Leave it alone nick... Clean up the mud best you can with a wet rag and soap.. Its gonna take a little while just work 1 foot well at a time.. The paint it all. Dry vacuum what's loose and what you canbreak loose with a brush

Edited by marcusgl10z28
  • Like 1

Wet rag and soap?  He didn't shart in his car, just got a little muddy.   :P

Don't worry about the mud 'cause you're bound to get more.  It vacuums right up once it's dry anyway.

That sound deadening stuff is just extra weight.  Almost forgot... I've got those lamps and clip for you at the house.

Edited by NorthCoast
  • Like 1

finally decided to get rid of my carpets. it was wet underneath on the passenger side which I haven't sunk in water (or so i thought). That might be where the smell I couldn't source was coming from. What's the material under the carpets and padding made of? on top of the metal? It's cracking in some spots and I peeled a bit off. 

Mw72Oph.jpgzAKF6O7.jpg8gKmesR.jpg

those floor boards are way to straight nick... it looks like a new car...lol