Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Used by grandpa to hit the golf club on weekends. 2nd owner, was given to me when he passed. I put a NEW transmission in it when I got it and I have the reciept for it. I drive to LA for work. The gas mileage is not great and I did not want to rack up the miles so I parked it. She ran and drove great when parked 2 years ago. I do not want it to go another year just sitting. Will need a full fluids flush and tires.

Email me at edirtysicks@yahoo.com (probably reply faster), or PM me here. I'll wash it and post pictures. Just wondering:

1. What would the suby side says this vehicle is worth in its current state of sitting for two years.

2. If there is any interest in the suby enthusiast world...

Thanks for reading!

There is a community of SVX people out there. Here's their website. http://www.svxworldforums.com. Log in and check it out, they have a "for sale" section, of course. And, you can join their group on Facebook too. eBay is a good place to look too. 

I recently sold a '92 SVX with just under 80K miles for $3K in Phoenix, AZ. It had a power steering fluid leak but otherwise ran fine. Interior was 9 out of 10 with a stock tranny. Minor body issues like dings and some peeling of the clear coat in one spot but no dents. It had beautiful STi rims and new tires (had about 1500 miles on them). An SVX can be hard to sell. I know it's cliche, but you have to find the right person. I'm thinking $2500 - $5000 unless it's exceptionally nice and you might get $6-7K. I've seen some listed for $10K which were basically in new condition (not sure they sold for that though). They're not overwhelmingly collectable, despite the low production numbers and rarity. Subaru will be niche for a long time to come in terms of the highly collectable market. Lots of people just don't like them, me NOT being one of them. :-)

This one has been on CL for since the summer. It's a pretty nice example. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4222180275.html

Nicely staged and abundant pictures with a nice write up including detailed history will always help. Good luck.

Edited by scole665