Ultimate Subaru Message Board

78 brat part or sell?

Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum, but have been taking some real quality advice from here for a while. I havetwo first gen brats at home and iI really only have the time and resources to keep one of them. I'd like to sell the 78, but was hoping to get some advice on whether the parts would sell for more. The brat runs and drives, though roughly. It has a camper shell and the original back seats. If you would, just let me know what you think. Thanks. Oh and the body is rough, not crash rough, just paint and dings.

It all comes down to your needs...if needing cash, then part but if you are set;then keep is as whole car, especially if not rusted out and price it...am guessing/assuming BRAT is rust free since in Arizona, hopefully for a long time. Pretty sure someone would be thankful for a whole rustless/rustfree BRAT. My 2 cents.

Keep in mind how the numbers are shrinking but popularity is not. You would do yourself good to keep certain parts for your keeper.

But selling an extra shell I can see. Storage can be a pain sometimes.

Rear jump seats in nice shape sell for over $150 and more with working seatbelts.

I once shipped a gen II brat topper from CT to CO so there's always a buyer out there.

Edited by moosens