Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stupid question about battery cable

I had been planning for a long time to switch my battery terminals over to marine terminals because of some accessories I will be adding later on and at the same time I was going to buy new 4 gauge wire to replace the aged wire on the car, anyways on the starter end you have that little push connection I assume it merges at some point to the (+) cable?

Another thing is the stud for the 12V to the starter it should fit a 3/8" lug right? I don't have a starter in front of me but it seems like it will.

the small wire on the starter is part of the overall body harness. It comes form a relay originating from the ign switch, which originates from the fuse panel, which originates from the fusible links, which originate from the battery terminal. I love marine terminals and install the brass ones any time i have to screw with the battery

Edited by MilesFox

the small wire is part of the overall body harness. It comes form a relay originating from the ign switch, which originates from the fuse panel, which originates from the fusible links, which originate from the battery terminal. I love marine terminals and install the brass ones any time i have to screw with the battery

Yeah the marine terminals are going to be better then the wire nest I had before, I'm going to order 20' of 4 gauge copper wielding wire.. speaking of that everyone says redoing the ground makes the car feel smoother.. Is that really true? My car never felt smoother after I lapped all the valves and checked the clearance.

Edited by 1-3-2-4

I would run a ground cable from the head or intake to the battery terminal and run a fatter ground cable to the body. Thinking about it more, i suppose you could ground from the intake to the lug on the bellhousing bolt. The intake harness grounds to one of the intake bolts. Run the ground from there