Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This looks like a great place for Subaru owners. Glad to be here.

I have owned an '88 DL (300,000+ mi.) and now own a '98 Outback (122,000mi. and still going). I am now looking for a Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas area mechanic for a knocking/clacking in my axle/transmission area...any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cool.. Another DFW subaru owner. We need more of those. I don't know how you feel about dealerships, but Subaru of Dallas service department has a pretty good reputation around here... Also, I would be more than happy to give a listen to your knock.

Another option is hooking up with the local impreza club. They meet up every friday night at the wingstop on Little RD in arlington. A number of those guys are pretty handy with a Subaru.. One is a Wrench for SoD.

Great! I live in Arlington, so I'll check out that Impreza club...you think they'll except an Outback driver/owner? :)

I have has less than reputable experience with Arl. AutoMall just this week and that's why I am looking for an independent. However, I am not totally opposed to going to a dealership because working with the previous crew at Arl. AutoMall I was satisfied.

I would also be more than happy to get your opinion on what's going on with my Outback...817 658.2376. Thanks!