Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2007 Impreza 2.5i Hatchback

Hello, hello!

I'm looking at a 2007 Impreza 2.5i Hatchback. I've never bought Subaru before so I'm asking for some guidance and help with my decision making. Are there any red flags I should consider before moving forward? Any typical problems I should be aware of during certain mileage markers? Any comments, positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello. I am a new member, but I purchased a 08 Impreza 2.5i hatchback four days ago from a dishonest dealership. Learn from my mistake - do a thourough inspection of the car! Bring in a trusted, unbiased mechanic to inspect it. If you're not familiar with the dealership you're purchasing from (I'm making an assumption that you're buying from a dealer) make sure you do a background check/internet search on them too (cars.com or other online sites they list their cars, Better Business Beaureau, your state's Consumer Protection agency, etc). Look for reviews and ratings.

I would test drive it several times - and don't let them know you're coming. If there's snow on the ground, make sure you can test drive it on clean/dry roadway so you can feel and hear any nuances. I test drove my car while it was snowing heavily, and while the car handled great, I think it also prevented me from truly feeling how worn the breaks were (for example). Drive it in the city and on the highway - spend a good 30min at minimum driving the car all the ways you would use it day to day.