Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know whether Outback Wagons were ever produced with the 3.0R (H6) Engine and a manual transmission?

I'm looking for an extremely specific model from the early 2000's, but don't want the gas guzzling 2.5T.

I've owned both a 2005 Legacy GT Ltd (Manual) and a 2008 Forester XT Ltd (Auto) and need another Subie for my commute.

Thanks.

I plan on doing a manual swap into my '04 and so I've been doing research for it. Everything bolts in but you have the cluster to deal with (PRND321), and you have to make the ECU happy by tricking the TCU. ECU is looking for 3 things from the TCU, startup in neutral/park, needs to see when the transmission is in gear (it needs to think it's being held in "1"), and a pulse signal from the torque converter.

I know people have done the 3.0 swap into other cars with a manual and have had decent results but there always seems to be an issue with the CEL and coming down to an idle. You could get an EZ30DR with a manual transmission overseas but nothing here was offered with that setup.