Ultimate Subaru Message Board

vacuum lines

hey

I have a 1984 GL wagon 4x4 with AC.

Several vacuum line have been terminated with a screw or are just dangling with no real obvious place to hook up.

Does anyone have photos or a good diagram of the lines?

Also, there are two large stubs with rubber hose coming out of the air cleaner, one on each end. My book doesn't show the one on the driver's side at all, that hose has been cut.

The passenger side on has been cut also.

Car has been used as a daily, but currently starts well but stalls within 5-10 seconds.

Any suggestions at all will be helpful.

Thanks

post-51211-0-68287600-1388265468_thumb.jpg

can you post photos of the hoses in question? and maybe an "overview" photo of the whole mess? That might help us determine which model you have, and which options- because there were many different possibilities on how it "should" look depending on each car's equipment...

Also, if you are not required to meet any sort of government regulated standard of emissions control in your area, you can remove a lot of these hoses and actually improve the performance, and clean up the engine bay- I am doing that to my girfriends 86 GL wagon today in fact! I will try to take photos of my progress, and hopefully they will be helpful to you.. Probably will have them up later tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1