Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got this code from AutoZone on a late 1995 Impreza (OBD2) 2.2 AWD.

"PO106" "MAP/BARO" "CKT" "Range/PERF"

That translates to:

Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

It was in the computer twice.

Any ideas? Car runs fine. Passed emissions with flying colors with CEL on.

Regards, Todd

I would think then that you have that little sensor that is mounted to the front of the passenger strut tower. It has a few wires and a vacuum line (or 2?) going to it. Mine failed last year. It was causing an EGR code (P0400) in my case since this sensor 'checks' the EGR function.

This sensor also provides input to the shift algorithm. I had noticed that my shifting was a little 'off'. Seemed slow at times, a bit of hesitation. Almost slippage I'd call it. I had no idea the 2 problems were related until the mechanic told me about the sensor. Once it was changed, my shifting returned to normal.

One last thing. If it is the sensor, sit down when they tell you the price.

Commuter

I have 2 sensors on the left tower. I checked all the lines today and reset the ECU. Light off for now. My shifting is a bit funky 2nd-3rd. Which one did you replace, the one toward the engine or toward the side of the car?

Thanks Todd

Inspection stations do not recognize 1995 models as OBDII-equipped, even if they are, and failing for "check engine" being on applies to OBDII tests only.

Re. the original question, I have a '95 OBDII FSM diagnostic section.

Call me crazy, but all this OBD stuff smacks of Big Brother. How long 'til there's hidden GPS sensors in our cars that automatically send us tickets if the government thinks we're speeding? Remote shutdowns from the police?

Remember, a healthy mistrust of authority is essential for liberty...