Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CV Axle Shaft

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JuhaKankkunen

JuhaKankkunen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Argentina

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi, just want to know what is the best CV Axle Shaft do you think for buying on Ebay.

It is for an EA81 4WD, thanks!

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,889 posts
  • WV

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

If you want the "best" then it's hands down FWE axles out of Denver Colorado.

Retroroo is on ebay and is starting to list FWE axles - contact them (Shawn, he's a member here too) if they don't have the axle you want listed, he can definitely get it.  They are the only rebuilt Subaru axle i'd let a dollar out of my wallet for.

US market or other?

Avoid aftermarket axles at all costs, if you don't believe me google it or search any Subaru forum. Unbelievably high issues/failure rates.

Here is the best routine for axle maintenance:

1. Never replace an axle - reboot it every single time, yes you'll have to ignore mechanics who beg you to replace your perfectly good Subaru axle with cheap low grade "new" "lifetime warranty" axle.
2. Buy a used Subaru axle and reboot it with Subaru boots.  www.car-part.com, i buy them routinely for $25-$33 each.

3. FWE in Denver Colorado.  The only reason they're listed last is due to core return, shipping, and cost.

Any other option is not a 100% repeatable, long term solution.

#3 JuhaKankkunen

JuhaKankkunen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Argentina

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users