Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Feedback Carb ECS Wire Color

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kabarakh

kabarakh

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'm in the middle of converting my girls EA82 wagon to the SPFI system, using General Disorders tutorial as a rough guide.  I've lucked out on it, as it was equipped with both cruise control and a feedback carb, so I was able to isolate the VSS immediately, and i know it has a working ECS light.

I had originally put a weber on it, so the feedback computer has been removed, but the reference guide doesn't specify what color wire in the harness was for the ECS light the way it specifies the VSS wire color and location.  My research seems to indicate the wire should be solid white in the computer portion of the harness, but i'm not 100% sure on it.. (I can't seem to find a good wiring diagram for the carter/weber carb)

My question is... Does anyone happen to know what color the wire for the ECS light is so I can just tap into it?

Thank you for your time!!!!

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,240 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

EA81 or EA82?

Title says EA81......but First sentence says EA82.

#3 kabarakh

kabarakh

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Lol it's an EA81. My bad, I'm just used to writing EA82 on here. Mines an '88 hers is an '83.

#4 kabarakh

kabarakh

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

On a side note also, the EA82 spfi manifold has fewer vacuum line ports on it. Is there any detrimental effects to t off the cruise control vacuum line for the climate controls? Or vice versa?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users