Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My 78 BRAT project....

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Kevint143

Kevint143

USMB Regular

• Silver Subscribers
  • 344 posts
  • Bakersfield, CA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Good work!

#77 jonpaul03

jonpaul03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Denver, CO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a Weber offroad carb on the BRATs? Do they typically dump fuel into the primary? Is there an exact way to route the vacuum lines considering the stock carb required more vacuum connections?

#78 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a Weber offroad carb on the BRATs? Do they typically dump fuel into the primary? Is there an exact way to route the vacuum lines considering the stock carb required more vacuum connections?

I'm having trouble with my vacuum lines. I have no idea which one goes where and it is running like garbage. Wants to die as soon as I try to let the clutch out. Under heavy acceleration its happy, but anything less than that and it bogs and wants to die.

#79 jonpaul03

jonpaul03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Denver, CO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

It has been a while since I have posted on here. I was having issues with the electric choke on the Weber Carb since I last posted. I ended up replacing the electric choke with a manual choke and now I have control!!! The Weber seems to be operating properly now with the new choke and the placement of the vacuum hoses.

Attached Files

#80 jonpaul03

jonpaul03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Denver, CO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Once the choke was figured out I decided to put the BRAT on ramped and block up the back... I pressure washed the hell outta it and scraped the stuff with edges. I rust-reformed it all and still in the process of undercoating it. I am gonna leave it on the ramps so we can fab an exhaust. Any recommendations on a muffler to replace the pre-muffler under the driveshaft? I think I am gonna run one new age muffler rather than a pre-muffler and a muffler. Ideas?

Attached Files

#81 jonpaul03

jonpaul03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Denver, CO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

And.........I also replaced the gauges. I went with the BRAT gauges with a tachometer. I had to run a new wire to the coil, but it works flawlessly! Plus, they are way more sexy.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users