Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just bought a 2014 Subaru Legacy

welcome and enjoy the subaru.

first one?

Hope you've gotten over the transition?  BMW's are well trimmed, perform excellent, novelty machines. It's easy for BMW owners to dislike Subaru's. Subaru's are not typically known for any of that. BMW's are ahead of the game, Subaru's generally lag a little.  But for 250,000 mile performance, reliability, practicality, ease/expensive of maintenance a Subaru typically shines (unless you let a dealer or mechanic rope you into repairs a lot, then all bets are off no matter what brand you get).

this board is probably one of the best in terms of highly technical mechanical, repair, maintenance, and other technical and practical questions.  if you want Subaru specific experienced responses to technical/practical questions this place is my favorite.

Other forums like subaruoutback.org, legacygt, nasioc offer good info in a more social format...more social format also comes with more anecdotal, less accurate commentary and armchair quarterbacks too, so their less desirable in that regard.

Yes! It is my first one. Also, you're right... coming from a BMW, I've been incredibly spoiled. So far I absolutely love the Subaru though. The maintenance/reliability was one of the biggest reasons for making the switch. Hopefully I won't need to be seeking any mechanical help or advice for some time.

I was also able to get the Legacy (premium trim) for $19,900... it only had 700 miles. The deal was entirely too sweet to pass up.

Thanks for the welcome!

Edited by Joshua2585

good deal and in a subaru heavy market like denver at the onset of winter, nice hit.  enjoy and feel free to drop in when a dealer tries to sell you their overpriced marketing inflated "30,000 mile service package".  follow the owners manual for best service/value, not the service manager.

enjoy!

You will love the maintenance on the Subaru.  So much easier to figure out things under the hood.  My grandparents have a 5 series and I was checking fluids for them and it was near impossible to find what I needed under the hood.  Plus any trips you decide to make to the dealer will cost about half as much.  Perform the routine maintenance and I agree that you should get well over 200K out of it (if you keep cars that long)