Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brake vacuum check valve pic needed...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikeamondo

mikeamondo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Morgantown

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

My daughter's 1995 Legacy 2.2L auto AWD is having the issue described in another thread, about a stiff brake pedal when extremely cold and normal operation after the car warms up a minute.  So I'm guessing the check valve in the vacuum line to the brake booster is freezing shut and needs a good shot of cleaner and / or WD40.  Problem is that she is in Colorado and I'm in West Virginia... so she's gonna have to try this fix on her own.  I'm sure he's quite capable of the fix, but I could use some pictures and specific instructions for her so she can easily find and remove the line and spray in the WD40. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,800 posts
  • WV

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

howdy Mike, it's the only vacuum line going from the intake manifold to the brake booster. 

In this pic it's the hose that begins by the arrow line to the left of "Brake"

And the word "Booster" has a gray line just under and to the left of the "B" in the word Booster - that line is touching the vacuum hose.

http://beergarage.co...uby/Lift/07.jpg

The check valve that gets moisture and freezes is inside that hose. Only requires pliers and blowing some WD-40 down there.  Sometimes it won't work or is intermittent and replacing the hose with valve might be a good idea to be done with it if the price is palatable.

#3 mikeamondo

mikeamondo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Morgantown

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Perfect! Thanks Gary! You always seem to have all the answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users