Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi i am new to this form but i have run out of options when i was testing my abs system because my abs light had been on for a while something went wrong i accidentally plugged the two abs prongs into the yellow hanging connector specifically  into the two ports that have a black and red wire and the port that has a yellow and red wire. i turned the key and i immediately shut it off because the two prong wires started to melt luckily it barely melted them and didn't go anywhere near the harness just the very beginning of the prong wires. Well long story short now my Subaru wont start it turns over great and has spark ( will run on ether) But it appears i have no fuel and I'm not sure how to fix it any ideas of insight will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time.

The yellow 9 pin connector is the test port for the Subaru SSM. All you did was short the 12v supply wire on that connector.

The two open pins in the harness are just ground Afaik so hopefully you didn't fry anything major.

Check all of the fuses, and check the fusible link in the under hood fuse panel. The fusible link just looks like a wire with black insulation around it. If it looks melted its fried and needs to be replaced. If it doesnt look melted, pull it out and tug on the ends, if it breaks its fried. Do not replace the fusible link with a wire. If there is a junkyard nearby go grab a used one (or three). If not a Subaru dealer is the only source for new. Or ask here as there may be a few members on this board near you with spares they could send you.

okay well first off thank you for the help i checked the fusible link and it is in good shape ( current passes through it) i have checked all other obvious fuses none of which are related to ignition or the fuel pump and they are all good i only know of the fuse box under the dash and the main box by the battery i also identified the problem and that is that i am getting no fuel so it is either a blown fuel pump or i heard there are a couple relays above the interior fuse box if any of those are involved with the fuel pump maybe that could be it if any of you know which one would be responsible for the fuel pump and also could i have possibly fried the ecm ? or ecu ?