Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket Suspension for Gen1 Brat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Where in the world do I get an aftermarket suspension for a 78 Brat? A google search doesn't take me very far. And I just finished chatting with someone from this site and they told me they don't carry anything for a 78 Brat (even though their site lists parts that fit, very confusing).

http://www.jcwhitney...d=d1927y1978g81

Where the heck are we supposed to go to get parts?

#2 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

im confused... what parts do you want? a full aftermarket suspension kit? you cant buy that, it doesnt exist. what you CAN do is get a donor vehicle (wrx for example) and mod/fab the suspension under your brat, its been done before.

#3 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Sorry sometimes I'm not very clear. So the current factory suspension on the 78 Brat is partially blown/worn out. So it needs to be replaced. I was thinking about making the Brat a little more offroad friendly and was wondering if there are any suspensions that I can swap in to replace the old worn out parts. So far I haven't been able to find even factory style replacements. Your idea for converting the rear struts off a WRX to fit are intrieging and something I will be google-ing here shortly. But is there anything I can buy that would just swap right in (either stock like, offroad-ish, etc)?

#4 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

my advice is to get yourself a parts car. ea81 suspension pretty much bolts right up, so you could get like an ea81 wagon and swap that stuff if you wanted

#5 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

my advice is to get yourself a parts car. ea81 suspension pretty much bolts right up, so you could get like an ea81 wagon and swap that stuff if you wanted

I've got another 78 Brat on the way. Should have it in my hands by next week. I already put an email into KYB to see if I can get anything to fit. I find it hard to believe that we have zero options.

#6 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

well, we have zero bolt on options that are currently being produced :) we have plenty of other options though! if you have patience

#7 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,440 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

zero aftermarket support for any subaru other than imprezas,so everything must be fabbed or adapted to fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users