Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 Gl Wagon

• 3 weeks later...

I used Mother's Back to Black.   It worked ok... but fades within 2-3 months.    I searched for a cheaper 'home solution'... but did not find any.    Some guys have used plastic paint.   I was afraid it would peel.

Yeah I tried that came back a little but not enough, I'm thinking I'm probably ganna have to paint them.

^confusing

Could not understand that for the life of me...

HAHAHA yea I wasn't sure on that either but when he asked what motor I have and that really (costly$$$$$) oil filter is for a 93 Cherokee not a 84 Subaru, I'm not really sure where I was going with it lol. :banghead:

Anyways my cars like to blow up for some reason so I'm ganna try to spend some money on this rebuild so it wont go.................BOOM!!!

The motor is an EA82 out of a 89 gl 1.8 its ganna have a Weber 32/36 DGEV, I'm ganna try to port and polish it a little bit, with custom header and 2 1/4'' exhaust<<(not sure if that's a good size) or should I go 2 1/2'' exhaust??? And need some input on the PP? 

Everyone is probably thinking "why spend the money on an EA why not just go EJ swap its better" well unless someone is ganna buy all the stuff I have for this and buy me an EJ I'm going this route. :)

And sorry about the confusion guys. :confused:

Well I need a lsd to do a burout haha. :) So I'm just ganna put a Lincoln Locker in it.

I'm not ganna take this thing anywhere near a dirt road haha maybe. ;) and that would be sick!! I have the EA82 motor is it ganna be a ez bolt right up type of thing? Do you know?

sorry about the wait, i use Crome and for the longest time this forum wasnt working with crome.  it bolts up but i hate these EA82 engines, I want to find the man who designed it and i want to violate him.  What exactly did you do to get it that low?

sorry about the wait, i use Crome and for the longest time this forum wasnt working with crome.  it bolts up but i hate these EA82 engines, I want to find the man who designed it and i want to violate him.  What exactly did you do to get it that low?

Well I'm not 4wd anymore so I could lower the shock, as in I made a custom mount. (I'll take pics of the right side when I do it.)

But I took some ideas from AE86 hachi. Kind of like this.

post-51416-0-79137900-1392516487_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScottyBigs

is that the front or back? That looks totally different from an EA82

The front, I did some mods so the strut can slip down father, but because I'm only 2wd now, so I cut the part that bolts to the hub so everything would stay together I'll take some pics when I can.