Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 inch lifts , which one ?

92loyale59

So i am no longer satisfied with my 2 inch lift on my 92 loyale . it was fine with the stock engine but after i EJ swapped i now  want a bigger lift . so im thinking 6 inch that way i wont want to go bigger any time soon . so my question is what is the most ideal 6 inch lift . (the most soilid and with the least problems) . i know high guy lifts and SJR make them Along with the possibility i could buy blueprints for a B.O.S.S lift not sure what my other options are but i would love to take them all in to consideration . 

i have heard and seen some people who connect all the lift blocks together sorta like rock sliders but im sure its just to support the unibody more. also what are the down falls of having a 6 inch lift on a loyale . not to worried about the gas millage cause im sure it would still be alright. this is my Daily Driver but i do wheel it every chance i get along with going up to mt hood every chance i get also . Thanks in advance for the feed back

the blocks are connected to each other after 4"because its alot of leverage against the body bolts and they can and do rip out of the body with hard wheeling.A 6" lift will behave the same as any other non suspension lift-its just a body/spacer lift.A suspension lift like what you have now gives you more ground clearance and more room for bigger tires,A normal lift just gives you room for bigger tires,any increase in ground clearance comes from the tires themselves.

• Like 1