Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Zero-60

My initial reaction was about 5 minutes. I time it every day getting on the highway to work. My ramp has a stop at the end and if I hit 55 by the time I see the first 55mph sign I'm doing good.

23 seconds 1988 4wd Wagon with 3at and 123k on it.

Spfi or carb? That's right at my times. We should drag race. :P

Tire sizes do change the effective rear end ratio, plus the cars are ancient for the most part. Not so much the years but the miles. the Justy is pretty much dead on (to make the CVT go faster you actually have to back off the gas a bit) but he also just crossed the 40,000 mile mark.

Edited by nipper

Im working on my video. Gotta get to the road I used on a non-busy time with someone willing to video tape it.

It depends on where you shift as well... I noticed the car seemed quicker when shifting around 4.5k rather than over 5k

Agreed. I've noticed that it really starts to pull (...for what it's worth) at around 4250. It starts suffocating at around 5300 and above.

15-16 seconds, I'd say 14 in better weather.

Y'all and your fancy tachometers. I'm left to guess, but based on your advice I over revved.

I can not wait for my weber.

Even with all stock parts, I pulled about 15-16 sec. That's an EA81, carb, two cats and muffler, 99k.

It is below freezing though.

I didn't even try for a proper launch, I know I could do 14 seconds.

Just did one run, I'll post the video as soon as I can.

So. In all seriousness... My car hates me. I tried 5 different videos tonight... and tonight of all nights the speedometer needle is sticking around 50-55 and then jumps up to 65...

So I maybe able to show you what 0-65 looks like but the speedometer is all jacked... Will try this again tomorrow....

I should add, tonight I got a fresh oil change ;) and new speakers.... So Ill be jammin out hardcore.

Well, finally just held the phone camera. Did a few 0-60 pulls and my speedometer was fine, didnt stick at all so I circled back and got in position. Im slightly uphill at this spot because the flat spot was kinda dangerous to pull onto from 0... even accelerating quickly, its still EA82fast...other car slow. AND OF COURSE MY SPEEDO STUCK :(

Link -- note it is on private where you must click the link to get to it (dont want Honda kids spamming it) --

Last edit:

"Mods" -- changes from stock

197K miles (on the gauge.... ???,??? on the motor -- blown DS headgasket)

Weber 32/36 DGEV

2.5" glasspack

Cut emissions

205/60/15 Firestone tires on 15" Allied Armament wheels

Fat kid behind the wheel

But I at least got the camera pretty steady for shifting, steering and holding a camera

*do not attempt this at home, driving with a cell phone in hand is extremely stupid and should not be mimicked.

Just noticed the above RX/Leone video... I hadnt thought to do it in 4LO... bet that would speed it up quite a bit... cuz I wouldnt chirp the wheels... but my clutch slipped too, so meh, its a 28 year old car...

Edited by 92_rugby_subie

my GL-10 turbo does 0-60 in about 2 days in AWD but in  2wd id give it 20+ seconds. It took me half of the song Dangerzone to break 100mph.

The picture I'm getting of this song blasting out of the suby begging for mercy climbing past 70 for like 2 minutes is epic! :P

• Like 1

Did a few brutal 'highway holeshots' -then I apologized to the old girl...I am building this thing for distance, not speed. They way I drive normally is abuse enough, -Not going to beat on her unnecessarily. :burnout: (~17.7sec 1/4mi. @~77mph -terrible shifting)