Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Level Float

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sjschlag

sjschlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Missouri, USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

My gas tank is at the shop being cleaned and lined, so I'm looking for a fuel float sensor to replace the rusty one I pulled out. It's not providing a consistent signal, so I'd like to replace it with something new.

Anyone had any success with aftermarket float sensors? Any suggestions? I'd like to have something that at least kind of works.

#2 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,709 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Is this for a 70s GL/Brat? I think you have the round multi-bolt level sensor that goes into the rear wall of the tank, right? If so, I haven't found any aftermarket ones, I know Airtex doesn't offer one which pretty much means no supplier makes them for the car.

Best bet, find someone on here that has one. I have a spare EA81 (83 GL) level sensor in my garage if its the same.

-Tom

#3 sjschlag

sjschlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Missouri, USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Yes this one fits through the side wall in the rear left corner. Not sure if they changed the design between 1st and 2nd gen...

#4 sjschlag

sjschlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Missouri, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Wasn't sure if anyone had tried using a "universal" fuel level float or if sending units from other vehicles were similar enough to work....

I suppose if worst comes to worst I could try knocking some more rust off of the one I have to see if we can get a more consistent signal, but I'd rather just replace it with something newer or in better shape...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users