Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm trying to track down a vehicle option that I've only ever seen once before. My brother wants one for his OBW, but I can't seem to find any record of them even existing.

In my 1997 legacy outback limited there was a hard plastic cargo organizer/tray. It was about 8-9 inches deep and had removable dividers. It filled/covered the entire floor of the hatch area.

This was in addition to the rubber/plastic giant floor mat at everyone has in their outback. This bin/organizer/tray/whatever sat on top of the normal mat.

It was stamped with SUBARU. It came from the dealer. It was awesome.

I have never seen another like it and I can find no mention of it in any searches. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

it just occurred to me that I've been referring to this thing in the past-tense. I still have it. It is has been made to fit my forester. If it will help, I can brave the frigid cold and try to clear all of the junk out of it and get a picture.

That's close.

That is for a gen2. The gen2 outback and forester ones are a dime a dozen and only cover half of the hatch area. I'm looking for one for a gen1 outback that covers the entire hatch area.

The gen1 version probably could hold 40+ gallons of liquid. It's like a kiddie pool. Obviously I would not want to use it for that, but it just gives some perspective on the mess-containing abilities.

Gen2 might end up being the fall-back plan.

This isn't the best image ever, but the "Cargo Bin" on the second page here is what I'm looking for: https://www.subaru.com/content/downloads/pdf/accbrochures/1998_OBK_Accessories.pdf

Someone over on subaruoutback.org found this brochure for me.