Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hammer town in johnson valley

ferp420

We Photo'd Chocolate Thunder, Backdoor, The qualifier course, and then on Race Day, we Photo'd The sand hill hill at mile 48, Outer Limits, and Clawhammer/Boulderdash. I have some Photos published in this months issue of CRAWL Magazine. Check it out.

Holy codswallop JB.

I want to compete in two years time in the EMC.

Any advice, hook ups, and/or love you can send my way would be appreciated.

Check out my Subota thread here, and a lesser(more) known site that takes less spoob,(pirate)

The the Original Poster.

If you would have spent the time you did on the dumbass "rock" protection on trimming, and reinforcing underneath with a slight lift, and listened to us about losing weight, you might have had a chance on driving up and down some spoob.

But you think you got her licked. that's cool. You struggle to tow a car to the offroad race of the century in hopes you can do a 16" ledge. Good on ya. Next time learn how to drive, and for fuccks sake please don't say you learned anything here.

Later Biitches.

I'll hit you up man. I've browsed your thread on pirate and will go back through it soon. I like what you've been doing with it and its coming together nice. Are you on pirate much? I'm over the limit on pm's here but will get with you over there.

Holy codswallop JB.

I want to compete in two years time in the EMC.

Any advice, hook ups, and/or love you can send my way would be appreciated.

Check out my Subota thread here, and a lesser(more) known site that takes less spoob,(pirate)

The the Original Poster.

If you would have spent the time you did on the dumbass "rock" protection on trimming, and reinforcing underneath with a slight lift, and listened to us about losing weight, you might have had a chance on driving up and down some spoob.

But you think you got her licked. that's cool. You struggle to tow a car to the offroad race of the century in hopes you can do a 16" ledge. Good on ya. Next time learn how to drive, and for fuccks sake please don't say you learned anything here.

Later Biitches.

rock protection works great it had a lift till the struts colapsted and i lost more wait than added the subs added the most waight  and towing the car was more about a place to sleep than anything the rock ledge i tried to go up was on back door so i could have only made it a few more feet till a 4 ft ledge would have stoped me i was by myself and it dident seem that important  and 1000 miles from home isent the best place to beat the living spoob out of little wagon im mean sit if i was realy wanted to wheel i would take the scout thats built for that isht the suby is my daily and my play toy and im havin fun with it its alot more challenging than the point and shoot scout  i just got back from johnson valley last night for a quick camping trip no wheelin just campin and sand running in the imprezza its alot nicer this time of year and alot more to do than just crawl rocks

monsteru please come play ill give your little drunk rump roast a run for your money

jib awsome is there a link to your pics i hate people so i hang out at cell phone hill away from the crouds i only go in to hammer town for the porta potties but thats cool would love to see the pics any video i havent seen crawls coverage yet but they always do a good job i just wish they did more

rock protection works great it had a lift till the struts colapsted and i lost more wait than added the subs added the most waight  and towing the car was more about a place to sleep than anything the rock ledge i tried to go up was on back door so i could have only made it a few more feet till a 4 ft ledge would have stoped me i was by myself and it dident seem that important  and 1000 miles from home isent the best place to beat the living spoob out of little wagon im mean sit if i was realy wanted to wheel i would take the scout thats built for that isht the suby is my daily and my play toy and im havin fun with it its alot more challenging than the point and shoot scout  i just got back from johnson valley last night for a quick camping trip no wheelin just campin and sand running in the imprezza its alot nicer this time of year and alot more to do than just crawl rocks

monsteru please come play ill give your little drunk rump roast a run for your money

jib awsome is there a link to your pics i hate people so i hang out at cell phone hill away from the crouds i only go in to hammer town for the porta potties but thats cool would love to see the pics any video i havent seen crawls coverage yet but they always do a good job i just wish they did more

No more photos online. I am waiting on a few more to be published. Your grammar and punctuation is killing me in your response. makes things hard to read and understand.

No offense  but if you wont beat on your spoob 1000 miles from home (after you towed it there) then where will you beat on it?If you don't beat on it you will never know what its limit is.While a subaru may not have super low gearing or creepy crawly suspension they still go well offroad.There strength comes from the fact they are very nimble,are very lightweight, and have an ULTRA LOW center of gravity.I have passed jeeps and toyotas in places that "normal rigs" would roll.If you play to the subarus strength they do very well, the weight, and low center of gravity with the subaru's car based nimbleness makes it possible to take lines that all oif the conventional rigs simply can't take.

3 subarus some more modified than others tackled the Rubicon.All of the "other" rigs comment how they all took different lines than normal, and how each line each driver chose was different than the other rigs in the group.One of those rigs was your garden variety lifted subaru-4" lift,27" tires, and a welded rear diff.

So instead of thinking of the subaru as something that can only run on sand or forest roads, think it as a lightweight nimble critter that clings to rocks well after most other rigs would roll.Not to mention its turning radius puts most other 4x4s to shame save for the Sammis.

No offense  but if you wont beat on your spoob 1000 miles from home (after you towed it there) then where will you beat on it?If you don't beat on it you will never know what its limit is.While a subaru may not have super low gearing or creepy crawly suspension they still go well offroad.There strength comes from the fact they are very nimble,are very lightweight, and have an ULTRA LOW center of gravity.I have passed jeeps and toyotas in places that "normal rigs" would roll.If you play to the subarus strength they do very well, the weight, and low center of gravity with the subaru's car based nimbleness makes it possible to take lines that all oif the conventional rigs simply can't take.

3 subarus some more modified than others tackled the Rubicon.All of the "other" rigs comment how they all took different lines than normal, and how each line each driver chose was different than the other rigs in the group.One of those rigs was your garden variety lifted subaru-4" lift,27" tires, and a welded rear diff.

So instead of thinking of the subaru as something that can only run on sand or forest roads, think it as a lightweight nimble critter that clings to rocks well after most other rigs would roll.Not to mention its turning radius puts most other 4x4s to shame save for the Sammis.

i beat it 100 miles from home within aaa range just incase i rip out the suspension cant flat tow on 3 wheels and again it was towed down because my buddy dident want to sleep in a  tent so we needed 2 rigs he bought that rig just for the trip from me 3 days before we left and he dident want to drive and gas for 2rigs is more than gas for 1 towing

i have other rigs other more "capable" rigs but the loyale is much more fun for the reasons you mentioned 

just a few weekends ago at carnagie i had a guy ask what kind of lockers i was running  and who made my transfer case i just laught passend him some good spoob and poped the hood sead no lockers open diffs and all subaru and a home made lift  it took a minnute and he sead sweet i cant do that and there where drivin dig chevys and yotas

i beat it 100 miles from home within aaa range just incase i rip out the suspension cant flat tow on 3 wheels and again it was towed down because my buddy dident want to sleep in a  tent so we needed 2 rigs he bought that rig just for the trip from me 3 days before we left and he dident want to drive and gas for 2rigs is more than gas for 1 towing

i have other rigs other more "capable" rigs but the loyale is much more fun for the reasons you mentioned 

just a few weekends ago at carnagie i had a guy ask what kind of lockers i was running  and who made my transfer case i just laught passend him some good spoob and poped the hood sead no lockers open diffs and all subaru and a home made lift  it took a minnute and he sead sweet i cant do that and there where drivin dig chevys and yotas

Ok, your grammar and punctuation SUCK. Please help us out and work on that. I have a headache reading your posts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The only photo of me at the hammers. Taken by Mike Ingalsbee, a well known offroad photographer, who has been in the business for 20+ years, and who I was able to drive around and hang out with.

I am on the right in the background:

10173794_692758084121380_239384252774951