Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Putting together a Brat Coilover setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

What do we honestly need to do? My goal is to come up with a coilover that I can buy off of ebay or from a vendor and tailor it to bolt into the brat. This seems cheap enough:

http://www.ebay.com/...8144f62&vxp=mtr

Just looking at the picture I can tell I'll need to replace the top hat with something that only has 2 bolts. I can take them to my machine shop friend and I'm sure he can fab up new top pieces quickly. But what else? Do I just need to take measurements and find one that "might" clear the shock towers? I really don't want to get into buying suspension parts for 5 different cars and cobble something together. 

#2 ruparts

ruparts

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • dallas, tx.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

hi,

well neither end of that setup will bolt to a brat.  there was a post on here several days ago that had some pics of a setup the guy home built from ebay and salvage yard parts that looked pretty good, not sure the title, but was within the past 10 days .  if i see it i'll try to let you know which forum to look for it.

#3 spicypeanut

spicypeanut

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LA CA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

hi,

well neither end of that setup will bolt to a brat.  there was a post on here several days ago that had some pics of a setup the guy home built from ebay and salvage yard parts that looked pretty good, not sure the title, but was within the past 10 days .  if i see it i'll try to let you know which forum to look for it.

I know the thread. Once I read that it got the wheels in my head turning.

These?

http://www.ultimates...cks-and-struts/

http://www.ultimates...uilding-struts/

Edited by spicypeanut, 24 January 2014 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users