Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New purchase what do you think

Hey everybody so I just bought another subaru I wanted to get a little feedback on it.

So I picked up a Silver 03 wrx, 116k, for 11,900.

post-50622-0-40417300-1390856922_thumb.jpg

Came with:

Cobb V3 access port,

Cobb SF intake,

Rallitek sway bars front and rear,

kyb struts all around

Perrin rear shock support

new tires

drilled and slotted rotors all around

prodrive streamline rims 17"

sti turbo, cooler, and pipe

post-50622-0-40313300-1390856919_thumb.jpg

recent work on it was front wheel bearings and valve cover gaskets. and an up pipe.

Kelly blue book puts it at 10,200

carfax says add 1,500 because it was serviced regularly

I think i made out like a bandit but what do you think?

What are some things I should look for?

I have been told timing belt is a must, but other than that this car is new to me.

Sounds like a good deal to me, less clean examples got for 10-15k around here IF you can find one. Of course around here they are RUST FREE, unlike in Maine im sure. ;)

I was talking about rust free ones. And the ones with a little rust, go for even less, as I said. Even my buddy's 04 wagon with sway bars, STi TMIC, BOV, turbo back exhaust, intake, brand new tires, and only the slightest spot of surface rust sold for 6k. It was a nice car.

I was talking about rust free ones. And the ones with a little rust, go for even less, as I said. Even my buddy's 04 wagon with sway bars, STi TMIC, BOV, turbo back exhaust, intake, brand new tires, and only the slightest spot of surface rust sold for 6k. It was a nice car.

You dont say, guess ill be headed that direction when i can afford to buy myself a wrx :D

That car would sell for 10-13 here with that mileage. Selling price depends on the buyer and the market. People here looking for a WRX will travel 3-4 hours easy to buy one, and will pay big bucks for it. Not sure I'd pay 12gs for a 10 year old car, but to each his own.

I paid 12,5 a few years ago for my 02 Lincoln LS, but it was only 6 years old with 55k on the clock. Comparing apples to oranges there though.

Cool cool, I appreciate the input. These cars sell like hot cakes around here. Either way this car is a freakin beast.. I need to pay it off as soon as possible the full coverage insurance because of the loan is more than the loan itself. $200 a month for the car $208 for insurance haah what have I gotten myself into lol

they need to have synthetic oil all their lives. 

i'm not super familiar with turbos and i think they all have it, but maybe not - but if yours does, check the oil screens and remove/replace/clean them.  they are problematic and cause big issues.

replace the timing belt kit - belt, tensioner, and pulleys.  gates kits are only $130 on amazon for all that.  you're beyond age and mileage of the timing belt.

you're in the northwest - prices will be inflated over everywhere else (except Denver LOL)

maine is #32 in per capita income, washington is #12, economy of scale in a subaru-rich environment - the market will look different as an illustration.

Edited by grossgary