Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing breaks on 2006 Subaru Impreaza 2.5RS

brakes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abendetov

abendetov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Redmond

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was looking for some guidance. My 2006 Impreza needs new rear brake pads and rotors. The shop was quoting me $250 parts and labor. Is this a reasonable price to pay for this service?

Alternatively if I was to do this myself any recommendation for online store to get the parts from. In the past I have used www.fcpimport.com.

Any information is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by abendetov, 31 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,755 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

I like Advance Auto Parts on line store. I buy their store brand ceramic pads.There is always a discount code available to take 20%-25% off the cost. If a store is nearby, you can buy on line, then stop by and pick up at the store, and get on-line pricing.

Not to belabor the point, but, fyi.......correct spelling is "brakes", not  "breaks."

#3 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Gold Subscribers
  • 4,979 posts
  • Texas

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

what's wrong with the rotors? Keep them unles they are below the min. thickness.

you can also try https://www.knsbrakes.com/  and http://www.rockauto.com/

as mentioned above, quality ceramic pads will feel like the stock soob pads for less money.

good time to have them adjust the parking brake too.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan, 31 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#4 abendetov

abendetov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Redmond

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the replies! I was told that the rotors are rusted to the point where resurfacing is not possible. It looks like rockauto has rotors+pads kit for ~70, which seems like a good deal.

#5 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,755 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the replies! I was told that the rotors are rusted to the point where resurfacing is not possible. It looks like rockauto has rotors+pads kit for ~70, which seems like a good deal.

Yea, rotors are roughly $35/each, and pads about the same, so $70 is a reasonable price. Hope you sprung for the ceramic brake pads. Well worth a few extra bucks over the cheapies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users