Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Strip-a-thon in CT Saturday-Sunday Trying again this weekend May 8th,maybe 9th too.

For those not knowing it'll be at 230 Woodmont Rd. Milford,CT unit 41-C

Should be there Saturday around 12noon.Will be at it all day.If someone shows up I'll stay through the evening and buy dinner.Otherwise I'll go home and eat then return at night.

Sunday I should be there....might be morning or early afternoon.Call or email first and verify before coming up.Or I might be there from the night before.:banghead: at which time I'll be taking cafeine intraveinously.

Current victims:

'84? 4WD wagon-saving all interior,wagon wheels,pretty much everything that could save my New to me-84 wagon.

'83 coupe.....too sweet but nobody seems to want it.2WD 5spd white/blue,only 83K!!!! Engine stays with me,everything on the front suspension/drivetrain goes to WagonsOnly.Super nice interior!!!

'88?-3door coupe -Car is worth more as a whole as long as your state will allow it to be registered....like CT.:banana: So BUY IT NOW!!!!! for $200 and drive it away.Act now or forget about it.Must GO soon!!!!!

**then I have a '89 touring wagon that I'll be keeping the rear hatch from and a few other items.That engine runs well but has like 260k on it....free engine for the pulling.I have a shop crane!!Buy me a beer and we're even.I'll be snagging the D/R 5spd from that baby as well.Probably not doing this one untill next week-Monday if possible,but probably later in the week.

...if that weren't enough there's also...in the near future....time permitting...:

*Oobnuker's Super-Mod'd SPFI wagon from H.E.double hockeysticks,

*Some XT 2WD some guy has upstate

*A wrecked '82? hatchback if the guy gets is back from the insurance criminals.

*damn,I forgot about the '84 wagon around the corner from me....

HELP ME you knuckleheads!!!....look,all these cars,no space= FREE parts to you for helping...and lunch or dinner,etc......I'm not asking for a back breaking session,just simple removal of smaller parts.lf l have any helpers they'll do the easy stuff while I get nasty with it.

SPRING ROLL BABY!!!!!

Well,it is across the street from the truck stop...could shag down some lot lizards and make it a real sleazefest.....or not.

Anyhoooooo,we now have a slight delay here.....I'll be up there after 3PM.

Knuckleheads of the Subaru world unite!!!!! Your fare less leader the Rockin' Rev. G.L. Fivespeed will be holding service.Blessed are those who wrench in the bored.

Brian,I know I've made at least one trip to Montpelier for Subaru part hunting.....LOL.Just kidding,life is busy this time of year,do as you can.Brat door....don't forget the Brat door.:) I looked it over and it isgetting a little rusty on the lower edge,the usual,but for sure it's otherwise solid.As you can see I'm seriously going to be blowing most of my stuff out.We will be moving soon,I hope,and I need to get the joint trim.

Well,the weather sucked,and we didn't really go nuts parting out vehicles but it was great to meet Leaking Oil and her daughter.Always a pleasure to have "hocrest" Dave up here too.

Thanks a million to Dave for helping me with the touring wagon.I've got a good idea on how to keep the carrier well braced.Hopefully I'll be able to keep the touring wagon and trash it at Pine Barrens one more time,or more.

For any of you who are fairly local I still have a couple of cars to part out and more in the works...maybe,if I deceide to bother with them.I just need to be sure my tow guys can take them immediately upon stripping.

I've decided to strip the '84 4wd wagon after all.

Too many cars that really should be driven a while longer.Bummer but that's life.

Cheers!

Louis,you didn't miss much car action after all.Next weekend I'm sure will have some interuption with my son's baseball,etc. but I'll see what works.Call my cell phone of you have time,please.I changed phones and the old one totally crapped before I could get your # from it.

There's so much to do that I think I'll be there as much as possible to get all my cars back in order and the '78 looking better before Carlisle.No matter when someone wants to come by there'll be some project to work on.

Everyone,I not have at least 3 parts cars and more inline.I won't bother with the others untill I get rid of these 3.

Any help greatly appreciated....lunch,beverages,free parts.....come on by and hang for a while.Let's hope for better weather.

YES,I know Mother's Day is this Sunday.

Sunday will be a late day start if it happens at all.Call or email for details about Sunday as the week goes on.

Cheers!

I'm going to try and make it!

But traffic is a bitch this time of day from UT. to CT.:lol:

If I don't get there on time could you PLEASE save the Fuel Pump Control Unit off the wrecked 82 that has the "Carter-Weber". That is if the criminals give it up!

The FPCU is near the fuse box and has #429547014 on it. I'll try to remember to bring my #2 phillip$.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer $till needing FPCU #429547014:rolleyes:

01 Forester still needs a windshield.

I can't make it (again). :rolleyes: But uh...I could use some Loyal rear axles, the kind that acctually come off the outer stub. :) Is that asking to much?

Also, I just picked up an 87 Wagon for parts but it's almost in to good a shape to part out except it's carburated. :( All it needs is a clutch.

Jesse,if you can make it down with some tools the car is there and will probably not be picked up untill Monday morning.Take what you need but don't get hurt please.It's the obvious parts car-red touring wagon.

Use heat,works every time for me.Yes,I've had some real bears on those rear stubs,sometimes they just take a while and lots of frustration.Heat,PB Blaster,Heat again.....should get it.Good luck.

I might go out for a late nighter in a few minutes if you're crazy enough to waste a Saturday night.

Sunday is out,maybe at night but not in the day.Stop down anytime before Monday and take what you want.Enjoy!

Oh,THANKS a million to Andrew and Louis who came down and kicked !!

Nice Beetle Andrew,and I sure would like to see that 318i of Louis' with a friend of mine.Louis,if I'll let you know Monday if the guy is interested.He'd be an idiot not to be,in my opinion.

OK touring wagon down(the parts car,not my "truck").Only a few more to go.

Any time, glad you liked the Beetle, sorry we both showed up for a Soob meet in German cars, and for the edification of everyone else on the board: the '83 coupe is now mine, pending transportation Monday morning. Vultures, keep your maws off this one!

I'd take either of those Black Forest rides.Nothing wrong with those in my opinion.

I did have to park your '83 on the street so it's up for picking.At least the police won't be able to drag it away.Best thing to do is raise the cash right away and pay the "protection" fee,the Italian way.:brow:

Anyone with free time soon and wanting to join in please contact me.THere's a 3door D/R 5spd,and an EA81 4WD wagon yet to go.Maybe another too.

Oh,THANKS a million to Andrew and Louis who came down and kicked !!

Nice Beetle Andrew,and I sure would like to see that 318i of Louis' with a friend of mine.Louis,if I'll let you know Monday if the guy is interested.He'd be an idiot not to be,in my opinion.

OK touring wagon down(the parts car,not my "truck").Only a few more to go.

No problemo! Good to finally hook up w/you guys. I would like the BMW to go to someone who will appreciate it. Sounds like you got the right guy. But, it occured to me than you might've never walked around to the drivers side.

It has some pretty significant dents. I can send pics if needed.

:drunk:

-Louis-

Thanks for the inviting offer, but I went out for my freainds B-day last night and was a bit indisposed:drunk: And next weekend is the SVX meet in Mass and then the next weekend is Carlise so, this months pretty shot anyway.:)

I made it but, by the time I got there, you guys has folded up shop for the day.:banghead:

I would have been there sooner but I was held up in traffic in the mid west.

Would have enjoyed chating but, I had to turn around and head back home.

Still interested in a 1982 FPCU:D if you happen to see any of those laying around.

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

FPCU?...oh that thing.Yeah,you must have left it in the car.I told you to make sure you grab it before you head home.

Actually,I haven't parted any EA81's recently.We did an EA82 Touring wagon instead.

Send a picture of it,or description and I probably have one on my shelf already.

The FPCU is near the fuse box and has #429547014 on it. I'll try to remember to bring my #2 phillip$.
.....oh,nevermind....I'll look for that baby and who knows,maybe even get back to you.Remind me if I take too long.Much to do,much to do....

• 2 weeks later...