Ultimate Subaru Message Board

which distributor for brat?

I have a vacuum advance on my  2 Hitachi distributors that both not working with a vacuum testing them..wont hod vacuum and rod does not move..

Cardone has remanufactuer hatachis and nipendenso..... I may have read which to use as a better option.

I have a new webber and and want to get this ea81 started.. thankyou

post-21471-0-03352100-1391477665_thumb.jpg

The Hitachi is stock on the 4whl drives. The nippo denso I believe came on 2whl drives. The nippo supposedly has a faster vacuum advance that gives a slight bit more lower end power. I think you would really be splitting hairs. I would just get which ever is most reasonably priced if you are buying the whole distributor.

• Like 1

Thank you, I will just get the  stock Hitachi from Cardone.

I really just need the vacuum advance, but in reseach I am unable to find one??

Others have some luck with 82 honda civic advance but dont want to fiddle and fit other make /model

anyone have a number for   Brat  vacuum??? advance

I am having the same issue. I did some research to try and find one that would interchange but decided im going to get it rebuilt. I heard this place was good at it but haven't tried them out yet. I read they can rebuild the vacuum advance or the whole distributor.

http://www.philbingroup.com/rebuilt/distributors.htm

Besides that there is a thread on here about rebuilding the vacuum advance your self somewhere. If i can find it ill link it.