Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Service Manual

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CMJAnew

CMJAnew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Sayre, PA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Can you all suggest the best service manual for the 78 Brat? 

I have an actual Factory/Dealer manual for a Buick Reatta. Is there such available for the Brat?

Thanks,

Chris

#2 BratRod

BratRod

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yeah. There are factory service manuals. They pop up on eBay pretty regularly. Moosens has some 70's manuals, he might be able to get you one.

#3 CMJAnew

CMJAnew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Sayre, PA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

There are quite a few Haynes and Chiltons up now. If an actual Subaru factory manual isn't available is one of these preferable over the other?

ThanksMuch

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I prefer haynes over chiltons as chiltons is too broad where haynes is more specific to the vehicle type. Aside from the photos in the haynes book, a lot of the diagrams are borrowed from the FSM, and the electrical schematics are fairly comprehensive

#5 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'll dig out some manuals and let you know what I have that helps you. I have some Haynes too. Always used to keep one of those in my vehicle. But since I have doubles of certain factory manuals I now keep one of those inside. My Haynes are somewhere with the lot of maunals in storage. As the weather breaks I plan on blowing stuff out like crazy this year.

I'm sure I have '77-79 covered. I'll throw in a Chiltons for free. Probably right around $20-25 grand total shipped for my package of the FSM for your year and a Haynes and Chiltons.

If you score before I can hook you up , not a problem. there's plenty out there and occasionally you see them super dirt cheap,

#6 1000 Pistes

1000 Pistes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • GREECE

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hello,

I am looking,also,for manuals for the ff1(1968-1971) and for the Leone(Coupe and 4door Sedan) of 1st generation(1972-1979).

Any info-manual-book,etc,in pdf is welcomed.

#7 CMJAnew

CMJAnew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Sayre, PA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

I bought a Service Manual -- 1600/1800 Feb 1981 reprint. MSA-111. 

Of course my car is a 78 Brat.

Is this manual going to be an aid or a hindrance? That is, should I be on the lookout for a 78 specific manual?

#8 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

I've got plenty which I'll gladly sell cheap enough as soon as I can. The 81 reprint will help some but that might be for the wide case engine (1600).

I will get a 77-78 set aside for you ASAP and throw in a Haynes too. Maybe a Clymer too.

Carb has some changes going forward into the 80's with the 1600's

Talk to you soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users