Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Service Manual

I prefer haynes over chiltons as chiltons is too broad where haynes is more specific to the vehicle type. Aside from the photos in the haynes book, a lot of the diagrams are borrowed from the FSM, and the electrical schematics are fairly comprehensive

• Like 1

I'll dig out some manuals and let you know what I have that helps you. I have some Haynes too. Always used to keep one of those in my vehicle. But since I have doubles of certain factory manuals I now keep one of those inside. My Haynes are somewhere with the lot of maunals in storage. As the weather breaks I plan on blowing stuff out like crazy this year.

I'm sure I have '77-79 covered. I'll throw in a Chiltons for free. Probably right around $20-25 grand total shipped for my package of the FSM for your year and a Haynes and Chiltons.

If you score before I can hook you up , not a problem. there's plenty out there and occasionally you see them super dirt cheap,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've got plenty which I'll gladly sell cheap enough as soon as I can. The 81 reprint will help some but that might be for the wide case engine (1600).

I will get a 77-78 set aside for you ASAP and throw in a Haynes too. Maybe a Clymer too.

Carb has some changes going forward into the 80's with the 1600's

Talk to you soon

• Like 1