Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Water on passenger rear floor 1995 Legacy Sedan

With all the snow/rain we've been getting recently, I noticed the floor on the rear passenger side is sopping wet. I do not have a sunroof, and the only area of the car getting wet is the 15"x15" or so area on the floor board. Way too much water to just be snow melt from the floor mat. Up front on the passenger side is bone dry, my first thought was a clogged A/C drain line.

The door frame/trim there is also dry--I thought it might be leaking through there somehow. How else could the water be getting there?

Thanks!

Brian

open the right rear door......look at the bottom of the door to make sure the door water drain slots are not plugged. Water is supposed to get into doors, but it's also supposed to drain out of the slots at the bottom of the door.  If the drains are plugged, water can overflow thru the interior door trim and onto the floor.

^ That happened to me like 4 years ago.. back when I was still new at my apartment I did not know the drains did not drain right, so to make a long story short I went to leave next morning and got about half way and the car stalled out.. I let the car roll back into a spot and I happen to go in the back and I saw puddles in both floor areas in the rear... at that point I knew the ECU got wet, lucky I was able to save it.

You might have a leak from one of the roof-rack side-rails.

Water can get in through one of the mounting-studs on the roof.

Water can then drip down the inside of the roof-liner and exit somewhere inside the car.

In my case, I had a pool of water in the trunk; but it could equally well find its way to the carpet.