Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, I recently remapped my 2005 ts turbo and added a larger air intake, I noticed that pressure was the default 0.2 bar. The performance is noticeably better so i,m sure that the tuner didn't fool me. The reason of my post is that I tried  to raise pressure to 0.6-0.7 bar but fuel cutter hits at 0.5 bar. I took it back and he explained how the MAP sensor works and ecu cuts fuel (mine is a Hitachi PS60-01 boost sensor). he plugged a pda to the OBD and messed with the values(dont know exactly what he did) and told me to test again. I did, with same results. Next thing he did was to connect a zener diode (4.7 v) -see attached pic---post-50880-0-97283500-1391872921_thumb.jpg to fool the sensor but failed again. I tried myself with 4.3 ,3.9 even with 3.6 and car couldnt accelerate so I stopped. Nothing can raise the limit of the cutter and it seems that something else intervenes. {There is a temp sensor after the air intake filter, connected to the boost sensor but dont know if has anything to do with it.}

Does anybody knows what is going on, a solution maybe?

PS. I just need to go only 0.1-0.2 bar over the fuel cut limit, not anything extreme.

Edited by M@nos_krt

I know I answer my own question but in order to help others that have similar setup I found out that the fuel cut occurs not by main ecu but by a parallel ecu that monitors pressure via  vaccum solenoid. so boost controller has nothing to do with it. I have been also told that over 0.4 bar is a no go with my current setup (I need forged pistons, oil pump, gas pump, bigger intecrooler to reach 0.7 safely) :(

Edited by M@nos_krt