Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear wheel hard to move

agree. On the 4wd models, the nuts should be torqued up as the shaft is spinning with the wheel. Different for the rear end of the 2wd model.

Sounds like the pads grabbing to me also.

The rear drums are self adjusting. I've seen it done where the pads were backed right off, and then you simply press on the brake pedal to bring them in far enough.

But double check this, cos all of my cars have had the disc brake rear end.

• Like 1

I know it's not brakes. I didn't even put them on. They're trashed and waiting on new shoes and hardware kit. I temporarily plugged the brake line and put hub on so I could move the car around. I will get torque wrench and go that route and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

For some reason when I jacked the car up last night I was able to turn the tire fairly easy.went ahead and double checked everything and torqued axle nut down. Some some rubbing on the backing plate but it's pretty much got trashed when the bearings exploded while driving with a stripped out hub. I see a disc brake conversion in the future!