Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all. Legacy 2001 GT 2.0 here

Hi all. Two days ago I become proud owner of Legacy GT Wagon 2001, 2.0. Engine EJ201

It has 280kkm. Looking good. LPG installed. But I already see some problems. I like working on the car so here is my first small question

Yesterday I went to refill tank. I started opening tank and sudenly a
bunch of air rushed in tank. There was a seriuosly lot of vacuum in side
the tank. How can this happen. Something must be cloged but I do not
know that much about this secific car. IT is my first Subaru.

Could you help diagnose what could be wrong.

Edited by adamtheman

Hmm I saw an interesting thing today. Maybe you can help me. I have one original key. That one have remote on it. The key is bent a bit but working for doors and ignition. Previous owner made a new key copy and it was used all the time. Man from key shop told me that this car uses rotation code and every time the car is turned off new code is made for the key. So I tried old key and car reported wrong code. 

what is the case of loosing a key? I can open car with spare one but cant turn it on and drive it. Is there any tips and trick, workaround? 

hi.gasoline tank afcours. lpg tank is always at good pressure as lpg evaporates and fils in the empty space.

so the gasoline tank creates vacuum.I will go and check all the fuel lines

The vacuum or hissing may be related to how the dual fuel setup works.  I am not familar with them, so I'm not sure how much I can help.  I guess check the fuel lines like you plan to.

Hmm I saw an interesting thing today. Maybe you can help me. I have one original key. That one have remote on it. The key is bent a bit but working for doors and ignition. Previous owner made a new key copy and it was used all the time. Man from key shop told me that this car uses rotation code and every time the car is turned off new code is made for the key. So I tried old key and car reported wrong code. 

what is the case of loosing a key? I can open car with spare one but cant turn it on and drive it. Is there any tips and trick, workaround? 

There is a code reader in the ignition key lock assembly that reads the code.  You have to use Subaru keys with the chip in it.  You should be able to get a replacement key at the Subaru dealer and they will have to program the key to match your ignition.