Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Barn find DL Wagon

The original engine is fine, just a little cansado. In the early 1980s, someone in town wrecked their Subaru so he bought the wreck and pulled the engine so he would have a spare. It's been sitting in the back of the wagon ever since! I'm just having fun driving it-no big plans.

• Like 1

I think that's the third turd brown DL that someone has dug up in the last few months. Must have been a popular color!

Great find! Looks like there isn't a whole lot of rust on it! It makes me so happy to see other folks getting into these cars! 

For the record, it's gold not brown but your post is funny because we're calling it the Golden Turd. It's amazing. I've taken it through snow drifts that my honda fourtrax couldn't get through when I was feeding the horses in the pasture. They are a lot of fun to drive.

Yes, found it in BV. It's very complete but I do need a couple of things. Passengers side rear view mirror. Interior plastic wheel well covers for rear wheels-mine are cracked. And small chrome trim strip that goes over the rocker panel one pass side (but either pass or drivers side will work). I'll get pix later