Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82T misses between 2500-4500rpm if i step on pedal or pump on it

ea82t help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BoostedBoxer421

BoostedBoxer421

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Newport, WA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi, I have an '87 GL Turbo, and if I floor it or pump the accelerator between 2.5k and 4.5k it starts to miss and sputter, but if I gaive it say 3/4 throttle, it will rev up perfect

My first thought was the intake was leaking because it started in boost range (boost light comes on at 2k every time) but can't find any leaks..

Timing advance? Bad pcv letting air in before turbo? Maf sensor? Idk what to check now..

-Thanks fer any help! Just got two feet of snow at my house and my wagon still goes anywhere! :)

#2 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Weak fuel pump/clogged filters.

Measure the fuel pressure on the fly if you want confirmation.

It should maintain 43 psi at full boost.

I would bet money it does not.

Don`t pump it.It is not carbed.

#3 BoostedBoxer421

BoostedBoxer421

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Newport, WA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Fuel pump is stock and pretty weak. I have new pump I bought for my '87 RX to use though

And not pumping pedal to keep it running, just noticed it while driving on ice and through snow lately

#4 86 Wonder Wedge

86 Wonder Wedge

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Akron, OH

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'd double check the timing and hook up an analog boost gauge to make sure the pressure is not spiking. These are equipped with an overboost switch which cuts the fuel (which is a bad idea, IMO. Should be an ignition cut) when the boost pressure is too high.

Otherwise, check the normal rubber parts for cracks and check the TPS for smooth operation and consistent resistance readings.

#5 BoostedBoxer421

BoostedBoxer421

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Newport, WA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

going to get boost gauge, but as soon as i pulled TPS off it kinda crumbled in few pieces, so other than weak pump i may have found my problem with that.

and recently change both timing belts.. when i check the timing with a light the line kinda wavers about 2* back and forth going from about 17*-19* :/

this engine has 235,000 miles all stock and runs great. i plan on going over as much as i can to restore it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users