Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can somebody please tell me what was included in a HIGH ALTITUDE KIT?

I recently picked up a 1983 Brat in California and trying to fix diagnostic code 22.

According to my factory manual it's a problem with the high altitude sensor but the manual tells me to check instructions included in that kit.

Also would like to know the part number of the ECU that should be on a '83 brat with CA emissions.

Any information helps.

Thanks.

hi,

i have parted out over a dozen ea81 cars( no brats) all 80-84 , " i never saw even one that  did not have a ecu "  , this is in dallas, tx and i don't know where they all came from originally.  i know a couple were cali  cars but most were likely central states if not texas , but they "all " had a ecm box under the column, all carburetor OHV 1.8 motors. 

All Cali cars and all 2wds after 81 have the Feedback carb.

Which is basically just a set of solenoids that open fully, or partially close the Primary and Secondary air bleeds. 

Not all ECU models have high altitude kits.  Also, not all high altitude models had ECUs

The high altitude sensor should be mounted on the drivers side front side of strut tower.  Squarish box with a cone on one side and a hose in and out and in Cali model case a 2 wire connector.

Edited by Gloyale

• 2 weeks later...