Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'78 Brat - "clean and solid" undercarriage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CMJAnew

CMJAnew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Sayre, PA

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Figure its time to take this thread out of the 'intro' pages!

Here are a few photos of my "...clean and solid undercarriage..."  Quoted from eBay ad

The more I look at this, the more frustrated I get with myself and eBay-er ( mikesbikes35 ) 

WARNING: Offensive photos included. You may want to avert your eyes. Unless you find rust and rot acceptable  :o

I have as much computer literacy as I have mechanical aptitude. So I'll let photo bucket handle the pics. 

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s230.photobuc...ideshow/78 Brat"></iframe>

#2 sjschlag

sjschlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Missouri, USA

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

where are we looking at on the car?

Depending on where it is, it will either be a weekend patch job or something that will take months. Don't be discouraged, as I never thought that I would be able to fix the rust on my car and didn't think my welding skills were up to the task, but I've made so much progress the last few months! 

Edited by sjschlag, 16 February 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#3 CMJAnew

CMJAnew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Sayre, PA

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Pics are primarily from the driver's side front with the wheel removed. If you look closely at the jack stand, you'll see the 'frame' collapsed onto it. I haven't been front to back, but what I've seen so far is very punky. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users