Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber leaking fuel

I noticed I've been going through a tank more quickly than normal lately, and popped the hood to see what I could find. I noticed I have a significant leak coming from the bottom end of my weber carb. Looks to be right at the accelerator pump. Hoping it's just that gasket. Here's a video for more clarity. Thoughts anyone?

Well, video isn't working right now, may get it loaded later. But it's a very consistent leak that drips a few drops of fuel every time I give it hard throttle. The accelerator pump arm is soaked by rev #5

I noticed I've been going through a tank more quickly than normal lately, and popped the hood to see what I could find. I noticed I have a significant leak coming from the bottom end of my weber carb. Looks to be right at the accelerator pump. Hoping it's just that gasket. Here's a video for more clarity. Thoughts anyone?

Well, video isn't working right now, may get it loaded later. But it's a very consistent leak that drips a few drops of fuel every time I give it hard throttle. The accelerator pump arm is soaked by rev #5

The accelerator pump diaphragm may have ruptured.  Rebuild kits come with a new one.

So I'm looking at this kit right now http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=92.3237.05&CartID=2 . I'm also considering getting this cutoff solenoid http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=43914.060&CartID=1 I read that it replaces the primary jet, does anyone have a picture of how this looks? I can't seem to picture it in my head.

Edited by ystrdyisgone

Does your engine 'diesel' when you shut off the ignition?  If not, don't buy the cut-off solenoid.

I had to look into my 'S' files ( Subaru, for the Weber drawing  ).  The idle cut-off solenoid replaces the Primary Idle Jet. It has to be connected to a keyed 12 volt supply.

I have a drawing on the Weber  32/36 DGEV / AV. The idle cut-off solenoid, #100, replaces #33, #34 and #35, the primary idle jet, o-ring and Idling jet holder respectively.

You may not have a drawing showing/listing part #100.  But you can see where it would go to replace the primary idle jet.

In summary, don't do it.

Edited by silverback

I may do the sea foam treatment once the carb is fixed.

So now I have to decide if I'm going to take the carb off and replace all the new pieces I got in the kit, or just replace the AP diaphragm. The carb was installed new by the PO about 15000 miles ago, so I'm leaning towards just doing the diaphragm. Any suggestions?