Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cracked heads.

i tore down my ea82t and i have cracks in my head!! big suprise huh? anyway, its the two cracks in the one head that worry me, do they look alright?

also, how would i go about checking my heads visibly. HOW can i check the "bad" cracks.

also do the other ones look alrite.

thanks alot guys

tyler j.

post-1869-136027592689_thumb.jpg

post-1869-136027592694_thumb.jpg

post-1869-136027592699_thumb.jpg

post-1869-136027592702_thumb.jpg

I would get the head with the first picture checked out, only real way to actually check the whole head for cracks is to get it magnafluxed (local machine shops). The last 3 pics look alright, the single crack betwixt the valves is normal, there is actually a TSB out there. (sum1 want to link it?). That first pic though, if I'm seeing it right there are two cracks there, that could potentially be VERY bad, specially if it goes deep enough to where the metal between the two valves falls out.

yea the first one i am scared about, but the others the crack is kinda thick but it doesnt extend down by the valve , it just stayes on the upper level, in between, (sorry dont know the technical terms):grin: valve seat?

anyhoo, thats the story, the first one i fret, but ill get them tested anyway,

thanks a bunch,

GD, u can post it over and over again, but my comp just wont let me see it. lol

cheers,

tyler j

piss on them cracks, dont worry aobut them.

the RX had worse craxks, down to the valve guides, but that didnt stop me from PORTING them and putting over 10000 miles on them thus far.

if they do scare you, and if you intend on having the heads looked at, i would suggest staking in the valve seats so they dont fall out.

my opinion anyway........