Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member seeking old Subaru

Hi Everybody,

I haven't been around Subarus very long. I bought my first Subaru (00' 2.5 RS coupe) last year and absolutely fell in love with it. 

After watching so many of the car restoration shows, I began to wonder, "If only Subaru made something like those classic muscle cars..." 

I finally found out about the 1st generation Leone coupes not too long ago . Now I am in search of one in order to pursue a long-term custom restomod. I just love the styling from that era with the combination of more modern performance and comfort.

Looking forward to learning a lot on these forums.

Cheers,

Ian 

This is a member's car. I highly doubt he'd sell it. But it's cool, so I figure I'd show you.

Thought you might like this...391625_10151065711516689_527765403_n_zps630cc733.jpg(This car competed in 1972 and 1973) A 73' Subaru GL Coupe was brought over from Japan for rallying by Noriyuki Koseki. His efforts were part of the initial rallying in America for Subaru. Found this here:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151065711516689&set=a.109237146688.100723.101616856688&type=1&permPage=1Perhaps I own one of these factory prepped ex-racers:My car was found in the NM/AZ desert by the prior owner, he said, "It had no engine/trans/rear/interior and was on it's roof...Vintage BAJA Plaque:IMAG0716.jpg%5DVeryVery rare fender and trunk lip:IMAG0709.jpgIMAG0709.jpg

This is a member's car. I highly doubt he'd sell it. But it's cool, so I figure I'd show you.

Very true BratRod!  Selling it even for a high price wouldn't result in many euros for me...  It's worth way more as a future project.  Plus, the happiness it brings me, I doubt selling it for any sort of money would replace owning such a strange beast. 

I'm getting there, I'm saving up to pay a professional local-to-the-car body shop proper body restoration and paint.  Ireland is the home of vintage rallies, so I can fulfil my Subaru-racing and classic-car addiction needs all at once...  So once the body is done, I'll ship it on over with my heavy stuff that's still in America.  Vintage comics, WWII bits, American Indian pottery, Victorian house bits and a rediculous Anime DVD collection.

And to the original poster,

Yeah, I do love the little thing!  I've big plans for it despite living in Ireland hehe.  Sadly, it has very little cash value...  Other than the desire-value of it being possibly an ex-racer and the limited run body flares, it'd be some SERIOUS work for a seasoned restorer at best.  Any car used for racing will likely have seen a lot of abuse!  Thankfully it's not rusty, but it needs a lot of time and effort to bring it back to it's former glory.  IF you are patient and save up, you can find something so much cleaner and complete than this car.  It would make poor financial sense to buy this for $500 even, because it'd require nearly a whole entire second car to assemble!  I've seen a few on craigs and if you check around, you might find some great and much more complete projects for around a grand.

I think Drivesubies or dannybreadman *on ebay* has or at least had a sweet little coupe for sale around a grand...  definitely a good place to start!

If you keep your eyee