Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"BOUGHT" A 1983 GL Brat

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 buckkiller

buckkiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • yakima wa

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I did not drive the new brat home! The seller failed to accurately describe the condition of it, he only sent me picks that did not show all the rust it had, in fact when I asked about rust he told me it had none! The bed was so bad he tried to cover it with herculiner. This is the CL ad

I have an amazing 1984 Subaru Brat for sale. I do not really need to sell it, just don't have much use for it any more. This is without a doubt one of the nicest brat still in existence! It runs amazing and has all of the classic accessories. It has the roll bar, bull bar, jump seats with seatbelts, flood lights, and removable t-tops. This car has been garage kept the entire time I have owned it and I have done very little work to it. It recently had the entire fuel system replaced and a new transmission put in. The car has about 190K miles on it but the dash reads over 300K because it was replaced by the previous owner who restores cars. I recently got an oil change and the mechanic said everything was in amazing condition for a 30 year old car. This is a great summer car but it also does awesome in the snow because it has 4wd both high and low gear. 

He was very upset even went as far as saying that we had a verbal agreement!
I even gave him 40.00 for meeting half way....
I wish people would accurately describe the condition of the vehicle they are selling, I always send pics of the problems and damage that a rig that I'm selling has to avoid this from happening.
Search goes on.....
Buck

#27 Dinky26

Dinky26

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Wichita KS

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

I hate that too when they don't disclose what is actually the case, idiots...

#28 buckkiller

buckkiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • yakima wa

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Ok this rig has been donated to my father since i have purchased another brat.....a 1986

buck

#29 Subaruist

Subaruist

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

I just paid $1,000 For same, in horrible condition, but it runs and the body is fairly good. When a friend took me to get it, he kept being real concerned about this and that, and every time I said the same thing - "I don't care; it runs, it needs to be saved, its a T-Top, and I'm getting it anyway."

When the guy selling it to me said "Good luck", I said "I don't need luck, I've got a subaru!"

When I brought it back and showed it off to friends, I said "I now have a 2nd generation Subaru Brat -  I CANNOT BE STOPPED!" lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users