Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"BOUGHT" A 1983 GL Brat

I did not drive the new brat home! The seller failed to accurately describe the condition of it, he only sent me picks that did not show all the rust it had, in fact when I asked about rust he told me it had none! The bed was so bad he tried to cover it with herculiner. This is the CL ad

I have an amazing 1984 Subaru Brat for sale. I do not really need to sell it, just don't have much use for it any more. This is without a doubt one of the nicest brat still in existence! It runs amazing and has all of the classic accessories. It has the roll bar, bull bar, jump seats with seatbelts, flood lights, and removable t-tops. This car has been garage kept the entire time I have owned it and I have done very little work to it. It recently had the entire fuel system replaced and a new transmission put in. The car has about 190K miles on it but the dash reads over 300K because it was replaced by the previous owner who restores cars. I recently got an oil change and the mechanic said everything was in amazing condition for a 30 year old car. This is a great summer car but it also does awesome in the snow because it has 4wd both high and low gear. 

He was very upset even went as far as saying that we had a verbal agreement!

I even gave him 40.00 for meeting half way....

I wish people would accurately describe the condition of the vehicle they are selling, I always send pics of the problems and damage that a rig that I'm selling has to avoid this from happening.

Search goes on.....

Buck

• 4 weeks later...

I just paid $1,000 For same, in horrible condition, but it runs and the body is fairly good. When a friend took me to get it, he kept being real concerned about this and that, and every time I said the same thing - "I don't care; it runs, it needs to be saved, its a T-Top, and I'm getting it anyway."

When the guy selling it to me said "Good luck", I said "I don't need luck, I've got a subaru!"

When I brought it back and showed it off to friends, I said "I now have a 2nd generation Subaru Brat -  I CANNOT BE STOPPED!" lol...