Ultimate Subaru Message Board

info wanted on dual carbs

i think the only dual stetups pre- '80 was jap domestic. dual 1600 was also stock on a ea81 style hatchback called the SRX. i think that was for the european market. i have info on that car from an early 80's brochure from europe.

as far as pics, i have a jdm dual carb set up from the late 70's but not in the car. i have pics of it on the workbench. if you want i'll email them to you. send me your adress and do you have stuffit? maybe i could also scan the SRX page from the brochure if your interested.

why not make a manifold...one for each intake port, and set a little webber on top of it.

DUDE! ive been thinking exacly that. you could do it with any motor. your sketch is just what i was thinking. my dual carb manifold the mounting points are too close together for a weber 32/36 and it would be overcardberated anyway. i'm looking into a couple of 28/36 or some weber one barrells. but with little mini manafolds on each side, you would have more options.

DUDE! ive been thinking exacly that. you could do it with any motor. your sketch is just what i was thinking. my dual carb manifold the mounting points are too close together for a weber 32/36 and it would be overcardberated anyway. i'm looking into a couple of 28/36 or some weber one barrells. but with little mini manafolds on each side, you would have more options.

i hae a 28/32 i will trade you for a 32/36 DGV series, this is a DFAV

That carb setup and entire engine looks sweet! You've got twice the intake capacity...those look like they are the same size as a standard Hitachi. I'd love a picture of the intake system underneath if you could try to take some shots at an angle.

Thanks.

I think this might be the source of your engine :

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/projectrudy/srx1.jpg

We had few of those here (Israel) and it's not that hard to still find one of those dual mnifold, most of those car owners later on switched to a regular manifold coz the dual was too complicated and high ment.

Those engines had a different specs (hotter cam and highr cr) then the stock 1600cc engines and still I know a guy who put this manifold on a regular ea71 Bugy and its unbelivable FAST!

More pics on the dual carbs engines:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/projectrudy/rudy.html