Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

90 Loyale woke up dead, help!

loyale gl dl leone CEL codes egr idle air control valve coolant temp oxygen monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LoyaleSmith

LoyaleSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Milwaukie, Oregon

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED. Yesterday, I discovered the green connector for CEL testing has been plugged in forever. i unplugged it, and proceeded to do what I know, in order to read the check engine light. The oxygen monitor showed codes 21(coolant temp sensor), 24(idle air control valve or circuit) and 34(EGR solenoid or circuit). It got dark, so I went inside and proceeded to look online for a replacement IACV gasket, so I can clean it. I also looked at an EGR solenoid and planned on cleaning the EGR today. When I went to start my car this morning, it fired but died immediately, and I knew something was wrong. One more start and die, and without pumping the throttle or having it wide open, the car just cranked and didnt fire. What the heck? So I read the codes again, and nothing had changed. As far as I know the only thing I did was make a red light blink, so i'm a little confused. Is it possible that the car is acting up because the ECU "didnt know" about the bad egr and iacv until i put it in test mode? before having gone inside last night i started the car, and it RAN FINE. Again, what the heck? Does anyone have any ideas? car has always had idle issues, and at one point an ignition coil that arced to the negative ground. ask me questions and i will answer, but so far, thats what i got.

Thank you guys in advance. -walker

#2 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,502 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

i dont suppose you loosened the intake boot or anything under the hood did you??

#3 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,512 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

IN test mode it was defaulting to run rich.

With a bad coolant temp sensor....it will be hard to start or run well.  replace the CTS.  IAC and EGR codes are no big deal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loyale, gl, dl, leone, CEL, codes, egr, idle air control valve, coolant temp, oxygen monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users