Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy SW After Market Wheels, Questions?

Hi ALL!

Sooner or later My '92 Loyale Wgn will simply die at 206K miles, or it won't pass Mass. inspection do to it's rust. So I've been keeping an eye out for a afforable Legacy Wgn, in the 4-5 K range. I'de like to find a GT (Ha-Ha-Ha) Fat chance!! It MUST be A 5-speed, AND a color I can live with, Black, Silver, Red. Anyhow...finding a GT is probably slim, and I don't really want to go to far away for it. So...............I figure that I'll probaly end up with a 5 Spd. Blk, Silver or Red, L, Ls, etc. In order for me to live with this Soccer-Mom concept vehicle. I figure I'll put a nice set of After Market Rims on it. My questions IS, has anyone had any experience with this?? Does the All wheel drive thing make this difficult finding some? What about the offset thing? I'll probably end up with a 95-97 Legacy at this price point.

Any ideas??

I'm going to keep stock size rim and tire!!

Many thanks, SubeeTed

Bolt pattern for my car (details below) is 5x100. Offset is 55. I don't think you will have a problem finding wheels that fit your future car. I have WRX take-off 16's on mine with 205/50R16. They fit without a problem. I don't know how big you are looking to go, but there are guys running bigger wheels. These are enough of an upgrade from the stock 14's for me.

-Heikki

Monitor ebay for wheels. Bide your time.

I waited for the right deal to come along and got a brand new set of 15"x7" Ronal alloy wheels for my '98 OBW for $190.00, including shipping to Maine! The wheels normally sell for $125.00 each plus shipping. They look/handle great on my car and fit my existing tires.

You may also want to monitor the marketplace forums at:

www.i-club.com

and

www.nasioc.com

There are many nice wheels for sale on those sites, often for very reasonable prices.

Also, if I remember correctly from when I did my own search for wheels, all generations of Legacies and Imprezas share the same 5-lug bolt pattern (someone correct me if that's wrong, but I'm pretty certain it's correct).

However, wheels from SVXs and the older generations of Subarus have different bolt patterns. Of course, a set of wheels may have the correct bolt pattern, but be too large or small for the application.