Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking at buying this head unit, I have questions.

Thinking about buying this head unit to replace the aftermarket one in my Loyale.  It doesn't come with plugs, and I need to know what the round DIN connector is, and also, does anyone have it, and the regular rectangular connector? If so let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390795332642?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It may just be me, but it looks like it will not fit? I have a loyale and i used a marine style pyle plmr88? I think, every other stereo i tried would not go in all the way and stuck out of the dash. I'd do alot of measuring before ordering brother.

• Like 1

it is not going to work in your dash  unless you want to hack your console it will not fit.  If you want to be really crafty there is always a glove box install.

You either need to find a shallow deck  or go way outside the box and use your phone... mp3 i heart radio pandora etc.  a 1/8" jack to a pair of RCAs an amp and your dash is still intact.

Edited by Mykeys Toy

it is not going to work in your dash unless you want to hack your console it will not fit. If you want to be really crafty there is always a glove box install.

You either need to find a shallow deck of which all are crappy or go way outside the box and use your phone... mp3 i heart radio pandora etc. a 1/8" jack to a pair of RCAs an amp and your dash is still intact.

Piece of crap?? I went on amazon and bought a Pyle PLMR88W Marine style stereo that has no cd player just mp3 capable, it was cheap, it fits perfectly in my loyale dash, sounds good and have had no problems.

True, it's not a pioneer or kenwood but come on it's not like we're cruising around in cadillacs haha. This stereo works great for what i need and might for you as well, its worth checking out "cd playerless" stereos.

By the way as far as mounting goes i bought a piece of 1/4 wood plank from hobby lobby and cut it down to fit the opening then placed the stereo right in the middle. Then just drilled new holes in all 4 corners and put in new screws. I'll take a pic sometime and put it up.

Piece of crap?? I went on amazon and bought a Pyle PLMR88W Marine style stereo that has no cd player just mp3 capable, it was cheap, it fits perfectly in my loyale dash, sounds good and have had no problems.

True, it's not a pioneer or kenwood but come on it's not like we're cruising around in cadillacs haha. This stereo works great for what i need and might for you as well, its worth checking out "cd playerless" stereos.

By the way as far as mounting goes i bought a piece of 1/4 wood plank from hobby lobby and cut it down to fit the opening then placed the stereo right in the middle. Then just drilled new holes in all 4 corners and put in new screws. I'll take a pic sometime and put it up.

I did not mean to offend you by any means. If it makes you happy thats cool.. I don't have a noisy car and have gone to some length to dampen the noise further so sound quality is somewhat important to me. That and with a 2wd I have a totally different console so a traditional deck will fit.  I will edit the above momentarily.

Mike

I dont have any pics for the 4wd so here is what I have.

This is a one piece console only found in 2wd vehicles

IMG-20140404-00106.jpg

A piece of abs plastic cut and trimmed though still not as good as I would have like it came out pretty well with my old Pioneer deck..

IMG-20140404-00105.jpg

Yes I realize it is a tape deck however. It has always had very good sound with little or no EQ adjustments.  I am running a small amp so the sound is much better than just deck power.  AAAAnd  it is something that thieves will not look twice at since it would be worthless to them.

Mike