Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WCSS16 - 8.16.14 - Pt. Townsend, WA

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'll be around Friday to hang out for awhile, then I'll be back on Saturday for a while too.  Either time, when I leave, I can take a few cars with me the 20ish minutes from Pt. Townsend to our cabin where I have some pretty fun trails.

And to save Tex some typing. . .  The WCSS does not insure or cover anybody who follows me.  You do so at your own risk.  (something like that. . .)

#27 wagonryan

wagonryan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm getting so excited! this is going to be such an epic weekend! we should do a photo shoot at Fort Worden!

Edited by wagonryan, 09 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#28 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Everyone from the Tacoma area will be meeting up at the krispy kreme at the tacoma mall at 11am friday to drive up to the show. 

Also, having never been to WCSS before and hearing there is camping I'm assuming I should bring: a tent, stove, light, food, etc? 

#29 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well last year I was in severe doubt that I would make it back...maybe ever.  I have to admit I love the PT location and well things change....

See you Saturday morning.

Ezap:  please shake my hand this year...I have never met you I have only seen you from afar.

#30 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Everyone from the Tacoma area will be meeting up at the krispy kreme at the tacoma mall at 11am friday to drive up to the show. 

Also, having never been to WCSS before and hearing there is camping I'm assuming I should bring: a tent, stove, light, food, etc? 

Yes, I would suggest trying to be self sufficient.  There will be food vendors, but there will likely be a line, they will not  be there 24/7 and they could even run out of food if its busy.  You don't need a tent if you have a wagon and a small air mattress.  Flashlight is a good idea as it may be a walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

#31 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Just a note for those that weren't at WCSS14, you may want to bring some sort of soap or car wash if you're going to play in the Mudpit.

The local authorities don't take too kindly to mud being spread on their streets.

Also, be patient with the hose, there was only one last time and we don't need anyone getting upset or grumpy about having to wait in line to wash their car.

Also, the quicker you get the mud off, the easier it will be.
When the more clay they have there dries, the harder it is to get off. I had to use an ice scraper/credit card on my windows to get it off in a timely manner.

Also, for everyone's notice, are the showers going to be open this year as well?

Twitch

#32 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Ezap:  please shake my hand this year...I have never met you I have only seen you from afar.

Hell yeah.  It would seem you have one on me by already knowing my face.  :)  I should be there a big part of Saturday.  With any luck, I'll be along side my buddy Ken, holding a beer.

#33 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

We found a little room in the budget, and rented a pressure washer to help get the cars clean after mudpit festivities.

#34 subiwag

subiwag

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Northgate, WA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

ill be there in my astro camper van. camping along 101 on the peninsula a few days before. see ya'll this weekend!

Edited by subiwag, 12 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#35 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Can someone save me a spot in the Old School section?

I might be running late  :rolleyes:

#36 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,012 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

I need you all to take lots of pics.. Sadly I won't be making it this year.  I have to track down a water leak in my walls.  Sooo much more fun than a WCSS event.

:banghead:

#37 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

I need you all to take lots of pics.. Sadly I won't be making it this year.  I have to track down a water leak in my walls.  Sooo much more fun than a WCSS event.

:banghead:

wondering where the hell you were....hatchy had fun

#38 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,012 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

#$%^$%@#$  you finally went and I couldn't go!  glad you had fun.  I think I need finish a few things and pull many strings before next year..  I will send some pics of my fun today in a bit.

#39 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

I had a blast.  Can't wait for Jesse to upload those pics and vid of the tuff truck trial things majig.     And.  I have a bad memory apparently.   No less than 4 people came up to me knowing who I am and I didn't recognize you.  Ain't sayin' who. . .  lol

#40 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

I had a blast! Thanks to everyone who made it happen and I'm also looking forward to seeing some pictures of the cars running (or jumping) the race course. 

#41 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,012 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

I had a blast.  Can't wait for Jesse to upload those pics and vid of the tuff truck trial things majig.     And.  I have a bad memory apparently.   No less than 4 people came up to me knowing who I am and I didn't recognize you.  Ain't sayin' who. . .  lol

its old age Eric..  I am right behind you.

#42 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

Great job everyone. This is only my second year in a row, but when I look back on #2 it amazes me how much it has grown in the last 14 years.  To Q, Zap, Jerry and Rob; great seeing you all again. Then there is Jeff and Brian; awesome to finally shake hands and put faces to the names.  Till next year, I have a lot of work to get done before then.

#43 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,614 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

good times again

#44 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

very respectable event. well done folks. counting the days

#45 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,012 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

So are you  going to be a regular now.. I think even your daughter would enjoy it.. even if it is only for 10 seconds at a time. :P

#46 jbbvw

jbbvw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Great show once again this year!  I had a ridiculously great time on the Tuff Soob race course (as most of you could probably tell). :D   :banana:  :headbang:

I really hope we can do more racing at shows to come. :brow:  It was awesome to see everyone and meet many more.

I'll get the pics/vids up soon.

Jesse

Edited by jbbvw, 18 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#47 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

I recognized you... eventually after you were standing there right next to me for a bit.  So ya, its understandable.   :rolleyes:

On the note of the show, its the most fun I have had at a WCSS in a while.  Starting it out in a caravan always helps.

Edited by Flowmastered87GL, 18 August 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#48 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

So are you  going to be a regular now.. I think even your daughter would enjoy it.. even if it is only for 10 seconds at a time. :P

this will become our "kid free" weekend......for the time being

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users