Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Ea81 electrical power loss

Ea81 Electrical Power Wiring Fuse Help Starting Battery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 82GLWag

82GLWag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Monroe WA

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

So after finishing up the weber swap and starting to crank it over, it cranked for a while and sounded good, giving it a few tries to get the fuel all through the system, then all the sudden no power anywhere. No lights, nothing. Battery is good. Good connections to the wires coming off the terminals. All the fuses inside the car are good. So I'm stumped a because I don't know much about all the electrical wiring.. What should I check along the wires or fuses?? Thank you for any help

#2 jono

jono

New User

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

all the fuses inside the car are good - what about the fuses outside the car- the FL's - fusible links in the black box of three? fabric insulated things of the + cable from the battery - they corrode, bust, but rarely burn - usually at age 23 in my experience !

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

More than likely the trouble is due to a loose fusible link connection. Make sure they are making good solid connection. If that is okay then check the underside of that block for a problem. The trouble could also be with the ignition switch. Get a test light probe so you can verify where power is getting to. Even though a fuse is good it is the same as a bad fuse if power isn't getting to it.

#4 Anonymous907

Anonymous907

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

I'm having the same problem in my 1990 Subaru Loyale Wagon 4wd with the EA82 engine.  I know what you're talking about, but where would be a good website to find these fusible links? I know google or the local shop, but maybe you have a recommended site? I like to do things myself. As for checking the underside of the block, where exactly? Or are you just talking about checking for any loose grounds, etc? Where is the ignition switch?  

Sorry for all the questions haha Don't mind the newbie over here  :rolleyes:

#5 jono

jono

New User

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

I just went to my local ebay site in last thirty seconds, typed in female fusible links and got choice of short leg or long leg. I don't care what your preference is for womens leg length, you need long legs in these old Subes

#6 Anonymous907

Anonymous907

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

I guess I'll have to take a look. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ea81, Electrical, Power, Wiring, Fuse, Help, Starting, Battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users