Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Impreza hood interchangability question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tbolt1003

tbolt1003

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Media, PA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

Are the hoods from the 97 - 99 Impreza the same as those from 93 - 96? The hood on my 95 was hit and has a dent in it. The area has really begun to rust out and want to replace it. I found a hood from a 99 Impreza Outback Sport and was wondering if it will fit on my 95. They look the same but wanted to be sure before I spend the money and have it shipped to me. Are the 2.5RS hoods the same as the 99, too? I found one of them, as well. Thanks!

#2 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Yes. All 93-99 Impreza hoods will interchange. Good to go.

#3 skapickle

skapickle

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Differences in the headlamps and center piece between them. I put a 99 Outback Impreza hood on my 93 Impreza and had to change the headlamps and center piece. Not sure what year they changed though...

#4 Leeroy

Leeroy

Old boxer tricks!

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Albury, NSW, Australia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

While all Impreza hoods (bonnets) will fit, there is the early style and the later version after '97 (or '96?). They are different pressings (therefore a different shape) and to make it look right you would have to change the grille and headlights as has been mentioned.

#5 tbolt1003

tbolt1003

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Media, PA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for all the replies. This definitely helps me.

#6 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,525 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

93-96 are the same. 97-01 has a slightly different shape and because of this uses different headlights and grille. The bumper is also different for these years. They all interchange though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users