Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 vs gen 2 clutch cable.

Of course I am speaking from an Australian perspective but the only difference is the cable end that mounts on the clutch pedal. Early has a single round 'ring' while the gen 2 end has a flat 'U' shaped piece with a hole in either side... OK, so pictures would be better than words!  :P

Basically it should be a simple mod to make it work.

Well looks like the clutch cable is not the issue.  The disc is sticking to the flywheel or not sliding on the input shaft.  I removed the starter to see what was happening , and the pressure plate is engaging.  The car has been sitting all winter, I hope that i can get it free without having to separate the engine from the tranny. 

Well I chocked the front wheel, Put it in 1st gear, Fully depressed the clutch (jammed it open held by a broom handle in the drivers seat area) and put a ratchet on the crank shaft pully bolt and tried to break the disk off of the flywheel.  No luck

So I guess my next option is

1.  spray a bunch of PB blaster in the starter hole, let in soak in overnight and try again.

OR

2. put the starter back in and try starting it in gear with the clutch depressed to see if that will break it free.

Any other ideas?