Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BoB Operation Bug out Brat

subaruguru

I recently moved back to yakima and found this  project of years past so with a little work it followed us home. 

The plan is post society collapse  Bug out Brat AKA BoB ;-) 

Here are some pictures car is stripped and being painted with heavy equipment rust inhibitor gloss black. before parts start goin into it. 

Ej powered, 4 inch lift, tires, 5 speed just to start.

post-15888-0-84437700-1397201337_thumb.jpg

Edited by subaruguru

You might need to add some weight in the back to help with traction.Put the battery and spare tire back there for starters. Its not so much about relative weight as it is weight balance.With nothing in the back you probally changed the weight balance from 60/40 to 75/25.With a weight balance like that the rear tires push the front end but as soon and the front end sinks in from the weight the rear tires just spin and you get stuck.My Tcased hatch felt the same way until I mounted the battery,spare tire,and my toolbox in the back of the car along with removing some weight from the front end with lightweight brackets.

It crossed my mind..... lol but no six wheel for this rig. 

Yea i was thinking about that i relocated the battery to the back over the rear sub frame and there will be a full size spare on a swing away rack. I also removed a lot of weight from the front the car is more balanced length wise the steel tubing for the rear boxed section should bring the weight to about right. 

Here is where i sit so far need to finish the diff hanger and the drivers side rear shock top, then it will roll after that there is the trans bracket driveline bracket.

I have 15x9 toyota spoked wheels for it looking for tires. 

IMAG1377.jpg

Cheers R.

The skittles subaru!

there was a massive chevy around here that was called "skittles" because almost every part on it was a different color.The body was white,the rollbar was blue,the Tcase crossmember was yellow,the front shocks mounts were red...